Sunday, April 24, 2005

Shift in Scenery

With the Kings finishing up their season (on near impossible high note!) I have found myself with a little more time to pursue my role with the NSW Waratahs...who are also having a great year. A couple of their players however have been in a bit of strife so I am assuming that it doesn't hurt to be "around" and offering support as requested. Did get out to see one young contract player in hospital and had a good visit with him. Also visiting a couple of serious injury players from lower grades so the car almost knows the way to the hospital on its' own.



Had a great opportunity to share my faith with young (20 something) player the other day after a hospital visit. A friend in rugby suggested he ring me and when he did I just happened to be only two train stations from him with about a half-hour before lunch hour...so within an hour of his call we were sitting down having a chat. The words he used to explain his difficult situation were..."morals", "guilt", and "forgiveness". I suggested those sounded like "spiritual issues" to me and would he be willing to explore some spiritual answers instead of social or psychological (which he had found inadequate so far).



When he readily agreed, we had a great conversation about how to enter into a personal relationship with God. After checking to make sure that he really understood the "theory" and then the "mechanics" (of HOW to become a Christian)...I suggested the next question he needed to answer was "when" do you want to do this. After suggesting two options (give it some time and thought in order to answer any more questions...or jump in right now), he said "I want to do that right now".

So he did!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome!