Monday, February 28, 2005

Good Friends and Good Memories

Jan and I traveled across town on Saturday for a bbq with several friends that we have known for thirty years. Actually it was a mini-reunion of three old friends and their spouses (spice?).

Great time catching up and seeing how the Lord is working in our lives. He is good! One couple are returned missionaries, one a Bible teacher at Moore College, and the other is a prayer warrior deep in the heart of the commercial world--reaching her business world with the Good News. (And we were there too.) All of us have been through some hard times over the years but (as one of my favorite gospel blue grass song goes) "we're still here"...because of His great grace and faithfulness.

Everyone gets old (and dare I say it...eventually dies). Mortality rate in Australia in 2004 was still at 100%. But I can't begin to imagine how those who don't know Christ personally deal with the relentless march towards "that day". I can only keep on because of the promise of joy set before me. Being with him (there) becomes more and more desirable...so that it eventually outweighs wanting to stay here.

No comments: