Monday, January 31, 2005

Kings Road Trip--Day Eight

Saturday

Pretty much all over but the travel home today. Up very early, pack, get a quick snack for breakfast, and load on to the bus for the run out the airport.

Qantas flight was marginally better than Virgin but I wasn't sure how I would make the squeeze for seven hours. I couldn't get my usual aisle...or even window...seat so ended up squashed into a middle row middle seat and when the person in front of me reclined their seat I pretty much had to keep both legs stretched out fully under their seat and rested my book on their headrest.

And some of the boys (with and extra eight to ten inches on me) had it even worse. One said he had to stand for almost four hours since he couldn't fold himself back into the seat.

Nevertheless, everyone said they were willing to do it again as it looks like we had a very good reception from Singapore and may be invited again.

This game was the first regular season game between two Australian National Basketball League teams played outside of Australia so it was "historic"...and especially good for the first ever to be won by the Sydney Kings. Goorj even gave the boys two days off!

No comments: