Saturday, October 30, 2004

Rescue 2004 Revisited

This report from one of the AIA team members at Rescue 2004 in Italy complements the stories posted yesterday. (Thank you God for Les Sillis and his ministry at Rescue 2004 with the Australian AIA team...and thank you, Les, for the stories.)

"It has always been exciting for me to be involved in short-term mission. My role was easy. All I had to do was turn up and do what comes natural - talk with many people from different parts of the world about my favourite person, my favourite ministry - and to do this with some of my favourite people in all the world (wonderful bonus)! Again I thank you for the opportunity.

Once I had decided to go opportunities presented themselves. I was able to share about the trip and the ministry of AIA to my co-workers the weeks leading up. Once I had boarded the plane in Sydney I was ready for what ever God had planned. On the plane I was able to introduce myself to a female competitor on the same flight. It turned out that we had met about 4 years earlier. She had been the captain of a soccer team that played against one of the mission teams I had toured from America. I was beaming by how her first mention of the team was that they were Christians, they sang and they gave her a book (New Testament) without any mention of the game itself.

A wonderful blessing to catch up with Lisa Fenn at Viareggio, she is the dearest of all sister's. Lisa made a huge impact when she spoke at the second Sunday beach service.

I treasure the moments I get with event officials. Reconnecting with those officials I had already known was awesome. But it was the times I got building a friendship with the starting official that is most memorial. The location of the tent was perfect, central to everyone and everything. Many athletes used this area for shade or just to get away from competition and prepare for their event. I believe they saw the tent as a safe place and were impressed by Terry and Maureen's friendliness and concern for those in spiritual need.

One lady I invited to the beach service I met in a laundrymat, she had come from Australia to support her grandson in competition. Terry and Maureen had met her days before in a local supermarket and had also invited her to the service. Imagine our ecstasy when she came. We were able to involve her in the service by wishing her a happy 77th birthday for the next day.
So many God incidents. We certainly have a wonderful Saviour. There were so many amazing moments."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about work from home business center
. It pretty much covers work from home business center
related stuff.